Thursday, July 21, 2011

Festive Friday #14 | Origami Tree

Happy Friday everyone!! It's time for the Festive Friday Blog Hop hosted by Terri Sproul again. This bi-monthly blog hop features Holiday cards from many talented card crafters as we get our Christmas cards ready early this year.

If you reached this stop from Becky's blog BC Designs , then you are in the right spot! If you would like to start from the beginning, you can return to Terri's blog.


While working on Christmas in July this week, I've been making a very beautiful origami ornament for a blog hop I will be in on Saturday. While making this piece I remembered a beautiful fold I had learned from a friend a few years ago. The simple fold is repeated on 4 different sized squares to make a Christmas Tree. It's super easy and make a fun holiday card. I hope you enjoy my card! Thank you for looking!

The next stop on the hop is Laura Fisher's blog. If you get lost on the way, the entire list is below!

ADDED 7/23/2011--a how-to video for constructing the origami tree card is available here.

13 comments:

  1. Leslie, will you be showing this fold in your hop. I am very interested in learning it.
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie what a great card... we would love to learn this fold .. the tree is amazing!!!
    hugs.. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Leslie - I love the tree and the bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your tree! I hope you are going to share the "recipe"

    blessings, patchworkhen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 3D cards!! Can you share the folding technique?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 3D Tree. Very pretty! I would like to try making this card sometime. Hugs, Francine

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness, this is stunning, makes me want to learn origami just so that I can make it. Great jog :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK sat here looking and folding until I figured it out!!!! LOVE THE DIMENSIONAL CARD!!! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute tree!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would be great to have a tutorial on how to make this card. I really like this card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! THE COLORS, DESIGN, EVERYTHING-BRILLIANT! LOVE IT! TFS! I am a follower and would be honored if you would check out my blog and become a follower as well at http://acreativejourneywithmelissa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!