Sunday, July 24, 2011

Christmas in July Blog Hop | Day 2 Matchbox Advent/Countdown Calendar



Welcome to Beyond Scrappin's Christmas in July Blog Hop--Day 2!! This is the culmination of a week-long celebration this week of gearing up for Christmas! I am so honored to be a part of this super hop! This is a two day hop and I will be posting 2 different projects for this hop--if you missed my first day's post, you can find it here! As I have made a number of cards this week already, I decided to focus on 3 dimensional projects! I hope you enjoy what I am sharing! Thank you for stopping by!



If you came from Nancy's blog Fancy with Nancy, you are in the right place! If you landed here randomly and would like to start at the top of the hop, return to Nicolette's blog Beyond Scrappin.




Each holiday, my kids and I make some sort of countdown to Christmas Eve. I've seen a countdown calendar similar to this one before but had never attempted making one...until now. I chose the Basic Grey Holiday set Eskimo Kiss and used my Sizzix die for the matchbox.I really love how it turned out and can't wait to fill it with little notes and trinkets for my children to discover. Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy my project!




Thank you again for stopping by! I hope to see you tomorrow! The next stop on the hop is Brenna at Brenna's Blitherings!

7 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW WOW! AMAZING! This is so beautiful! I can't even put into words how great this is :) TFS! I am a follower and would be honored if you would check out my blog at http://acreativejourneywithmelissa@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one of these before, but not nearly as awesome as yours!!
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful -- I don't think I have seen one like it before!! Really beautiful!
    jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea.... and it is executed perfectly.... Hmmm I may need to try to do one of these myself. It's so cute.
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea - I made a countdown calendar a couple years ago - I might need to make this one because the kids complained they don't get surprises with the one I made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome take on the advent calendar idea! I really love this! Very cute!

    Anniebee
    anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Holiday countdown
    Kathy
    Katsews at gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!