Friday, September 7, 2012

Stash Busting | Column-Bead Bracelet with leftovers

I have a stash--a collection of scrappy/crafty stuff that has been growing for 10 plus years. I am not normally one to hold on to scraps. I usually share "left overs" from projects with my crafty kids or they go into the recycle. Recently however I started using them to make these fun column beads and now I'm totally addicted. This bracelet is constructed with scraps from another project and some hemp thread used in macrame bracelets and some large holed beads.
It is so simple to make and comfortable to wear! I love all the possibilities of this craft--spirit jewelry, cards with coordinating gift bracelets, bracelets for every outfit!!!
I started the bead tutorial one week on The Odd Show Live Reboot and then finished construction of the bracelet on the next week. The Odd Show Live is a consortium of artists bringing their crafts to you each week where you can chat and interact. You can follow The Odd Show Live on their facebook page and be informed of their daily shows and events! Both tutorials are included here.

The Method

For this project you will need
about 2 yards of hemp twine
13-15 strips 1"×5" 
1 strip  ¾"×5"
6-8 large holed beads
Sakura Crystal lacquer







Stash Busting

I have been watching a number of fellow crafters join "stash busting" challenges and while I am always up for a good challenge, I am keeping this my personal challenge. I will however share a couple of times a month a project I have made in my stash busting adventure on the blog in the hopes of motivating you to do the same!
Thank you for looking! Happy Stash Busting!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!