Monday, April 7, 2014

May Arts Retro Craft Challenge

\retrobanner
I am honored to be once again featured for the May Arts Ribbon Blog Retro Color Themed Craft Challenge! Hop on over and show me some love and see all the other fantastic projects!
The colors of the ribbons represented reminded me of the 50s, diners and bobby socks and girls in poodle skirts with their hair up tied in a wispy scarf, and scooters and bicycles with streamers flowing as they go. 

This is my modern translation of the streamer/scarf. I used the 4 yummy ribbons that were sent to create the flowing "streamer scarf" and then added a checkered Rainbow Loom woven band and some Rainbow Loom Charms  of a mug of root beer, a hamburger and an ice cream soda with cherry on top!

TIP : To curl the blue sheer ribbon, I wrapped it around a pencil, zapped it with a heat tool until it was warm to touch. I allowed it to cool on the pencil and then pulled the pencil out and let the curl fall with its own weight. 

My model is quite happy with her new wispy hair accessory!

Twitter at @leslierahye | Facebook at leslierahye.| YouTube at leslierahye | Pinterest at leslierahye








1 comment:

  1. Very fun, I love the colours and the bohemian look of it ! Fun !

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!