Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Favorite Things ATC Swap



My Favorite Things Series 1
 Happy Sunday everyone! Last month I created these two Altered Trading Cards in series as part of the Unruly Papercrafts March Swap. Altered Trading Cards are little artworks on a 2½×3½" canvas. The theme of this swap was "My Favorite Things."

These cards began as a watercolor paper print of mono prints that I had created on gelli plates. When I'm mono printing, I find that there are some prints that I just LOVE and I will scan them so that I can use them in art in the future. The backgrounds I've used here I have used as paper, as digital buttons for events, and as ATC backgrounds. 
My Favorite Things Series 2

Next I heat embossed the cards with some of my favorite Globecraft & Piccolo Craft Emboss Powders. I used adhesive to emboss the edges. Next I sprinkled some emboss powder on the surface of the watercolor ATC and then heat set from below so that the emboss powder looked more random...creating interesting patterning.

Finally I tangled on my ATC. Zentangling and doodling is my happy place and one of my all-time favorite things. I can relax and breathe when I tangle. It seemed appropriate that my two series of Favorite Things ATCs contain tangles!

Each series contained a total of 4 cards and were swapped with friends across the country. It's always fun receiving art from others and ATCs are easy to make and share! I hope you try some of your own!



Twitter at @leslierahye | Facebook at leslierahye.| YouTube at leslierahye | Pinterest at leslierahye

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!