Saturday, January 26, 2013

leslierahye's National Hobby Month Blog Hop

Good Morning everyone! Welcome to leslierahye's National Hobby Month Blog Hop. A few friends and family have gathered together to share with you our favorite hobbies in celebration of National Hobby Month! I hope you enjoy everyone's hop! I know I'm excited to learn a bit about my hoppers!

Now you get to know a little bit more about me! Many of you already know I'm a lover of all things paper craft and upcycled craft and most things fiber craft including felting, crochet, sewing and quilting [although all my "quilted" projects have been small in scale]. I also love photography, jewelry making gardening, beading, reading and cooking, cake decorating and social media--yes I am a nerd. I recently heard a podcast with crafters talking about "losing their craft motivation" and one of the crafters on the panel I could completely relate to. She said that she never lost her motivation because she had so many things she wanted to do that if she found herself lacking inspiration in one area she could pick up in another. That is exactly how things are for me. If I find my self at a loss for card making, I  can always tangle or felt or crochet. There are so many things I want to do or try and there are just not enough hours in the day for me to try everything I want!

Each year I make Hobby Resolutions as part of my Mind/Body/Spirit Resolutions to myself--yes, I'm that person. For me, writing down a plan to stick to is uber important. It keeps me focused on what I think matters most. For me, hobbies help in the three-pronged resolution. This year my goals include participating in the Bead Journal Project...below you see my January piece *almost* finished. I simply have to add the trim around the outside.


At the beginning of my year I adopted "One Little Word" [ala Ali Edwards] for my guiding mantra...this year it is "bloom". As soon as I started living "bloom" my life took bloom! It's amazing!

Also this year I'm making another attempt at the Calendar Art Journal Project...I can safely report that so far so good here. I've even gone so far as to pre paint backgrounds for the next two months and am almost done with January! 


At least twice a month I share my love for all sorts of crafts with you all on leslierahye's crafty gig--my live stream on the ustream channel...replays can be found on my youtube channel. I hope you take time to check those out if you have not before.

Currently I'm reading through cook books I've found for free online in hopes of finding some yummy dishes to share with friends and family...my hobbies all seem to mesh and I'm good with that. They keep me fresh, alive and full-filled. I love that I share many of these with my children and I hope you enjoy their stops along the way today [my son's will be up a little later in the day]. I would love for you to share in the comments below your hobbies as well! I always love to hear what people choose to do!

It is my dream to do my hobbies for a living...I believe I'm on the path to do that now! I can't wait to see where it takes me!


9 comments:

  1. where are your links woman?
    I am always amazed by your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished the hop. Great ideas from everyone. I agree with you as far as having more than one hobby to keep us busy. I probably have too many, you know, jack of all trades, master of none. But I want to do it all, so .... Thanks for a great hop, as always. I left a comment on each blog, but was not able to post on Samantha's. Tried several times but something was wrong with her captcha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should be able to comment at Samantha's now. Thank you Barbara! I think it's fun getting to know a little piece about everyone too!

      Delete
  4. Great work Leslie-rahye, love that bead work and yep you're blooming creatively, keep doing your magic sis ! xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so cool that you have so many hobbies, and super awesome that they are blooming! I love everything I've seen that you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lovely hop Leslierahye. Sorry I didn't get to hop it til today.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Dawn! That means alot to me! :) Thank you for hopping through! :) I hope you join us on the next one!

      Delete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!