Friday, January 25, 2013

Blast From the Past|Socrates' Cat Tag

Happy Friday everyone! Today I am participating with the design team for Viva Las VegaStamps! in a blog hop featuring Past Best Sellers that have gathered a bit of dust. Our team leader has sent us wood-mounted images from the store to use in our creations. I got this funny stamp called Cat Snarling and added some of my new purchases to enhance my design! I hope you enjoy my tag!


for this tag you will need
copper jump rings
inks
manila tags
tissue paper
hemp string & ribbon




Snarling Cat was stamped and masked so that the writing background would not flow through him.

writing and washi tape stampes were stamped in color on tissue paper . Miracle tape was added to the back. They were folded over hemp string to create banners.

washi tape and writing were stamped on the tissue paper along with the  quote! 

two large and one small jump ring were joined to add the dangling quote  to the main tag. 

Be sure to stop along each blog and leave a comment for a chance to be entered to win a VLVS prize! Good Luck and continue on to our next hop stop!

23 comments:

  1. That's a cool, new to me, cat stamp.
    Fab tag! Love the addition with jump rings, and the washi stamp, plus your banners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! This is so cool! And I'm pretty sure that sentiment is true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first looked at it I didn't see the bird cage then I had to go back to find it. My eyes went right to the cat. Great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is super and makes me smile too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tag! The quote is wonderful and need to add it to my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag! Love the add-on hanging tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this snarling cat with his cat logic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with some of the other commentors on this one, super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cat is crazy! Reminds me a little of crookshanks in Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun - bet Socrates is laughing in his grave too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how yo incorporated so many stamps on your tag... LOOKS GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, love that tag. Wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!