Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sometimes on a Saturday | A Season to Hoot

summer
 Lately with the end of school, the craziness of summer and the business of my day job I have been spending all of my "spare" time on my crafty commitments--design team work, crafty/scrappy/odd show commitments and blog hops. It is rare that I have time to work on something just for the non-project related fun.
You have been aware of my art journal work--that's for me too but it's different. With that I'm trying to chronicle my year--have a place to plot and plan. That project is more of a necessity than a just-for-the-fun-of-it type of project. Today was different. I finished my blog hop project early--tomorrow's post--and had time to work on this artsy set of hoot-owl coasters!!

A Season to Hoot

It's no secret that I love needle-felting. I began playing with this art last year and it is a favorite past-time of mine. I've grown as a felting artist over the year incorporating felt and roving in its various forms but my favorite is mixing roving with felt and yarn. This winter while working at a craft show my girlfriend Holly and I played with felting, She made a small set of owls in trees on a red background to serve as coasters. They sold to a very happy customer. 
While sitting at an artisan market this spring and summer I began my own set of owl coasters. I decided my little set would reflect the seasons. I finally finished them today! I hope you enjoy them!

spring

fall

winter
Thank you for looking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!