Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gill's Another Fairy Day Blog Hop

Welcome to Another Fairy Day Blog Hop! This fabulous hop is brought to you by Gill at Creations by Gill. If you stumbled upon this hop by coincidence you can start at the top with the hostess Gill. If you came from Jearise's blog, you are in the right place!

Today I am working with beautiful collage images from Altered Pages.com to make a Fairy Spellbook! Jean has a number of wonderfully illustrated New Age pages that work perfectly for this project! I have enhanced the mini with some additional fairy collage images available through Altered Pages. I also created a fiber fairy using a wonderful Want2Scrap chipboard doll embellie from the Donna Salazar collection. I hope you enjoy my project!

The Mini
Back in March of this year I joined a wonderful design team for AlteredPages.com. Altered Pages has a ginormous collection of digital collage images to use in all of your altered projects, along with a wide variety of stamps, embellishments, papers, tools and mediums. I like to spend time just browsing the collage section for unique items to create with. 
This spring, I noticed there is a wonderful selection of fairy images--both drawn and photographic--and a set of spell pages to attract fairies! I knew immediately that a Fairy Spell Book was in order for Gill's Fairy Day Blog Hop. I chose to work with the Fairies Mini Images, Summer Fairies, New Age Floral Crown, New Age Fairies and New Age Rosemary pages. I used walnut Paris Trunk Ink, Copper Penny Mixers, German Paper Scrap, and Book Pages to complete my project! I hope you enjoy my little book!

Cover
inside cover and page 1--introduction of the spell to see fairies.
pages 2&3--the fairy spell
pages 4&5--rosemary infusions instructions and uses
pages 5 and inside back cover--Floral Crown instructions
Back Cover


 The Fiber Fairy
Initially while constructing this book, I was going to make a fairy out of a Donna Salazar chipboard doll embellie and add it to the cover of my spell book. Once completed with both the doll and the book, it became apparent that the fiber fairy--I'm going to call her Jacinda--would not fit. I really like her and especially the smirk on her face and wanted to have her near, so she now sports a fancy magnetic device and is connected the file cabinet beside my creative space! I hope you enjoy her!
The Fiber Fairy



Thank you for looking at my projects! There are many great artists in this hop and I know you'll just love the next project at Tori's Blog!

17 comments:

  1. What a great project!!! I love your fiber fairy doll though as I love dolls and have quite an assortment both flying through my home and/or sitting on shelves!!! Pleasure hopping with you!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that book.. it is so beautiful. Ant eh fiber fairy is so cute!

    Susan
    http://scrapathousandwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! I just love the book and the pages look fabulous, I am loving the idea of a fairy spell book and your fairy is just stunning. Thank you for sharing this on the blog hop.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the book, and the faerie is too cute x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic projects!! I love your book and the fiber fairy is just adorable!! Thank you for sharing with us.
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable projects! I love the fairy!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    http://deliteful-alpha-sets.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic -what a delightful idea

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha I love her smirk to she knows something and she's telling lol great spell book to got any good ones to get the man of your dreams (let me have it please)
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow i love what you have created - i need to get a copy of those fairy spells !! love your work. thanks for taking part in the hop x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super projects; you are so creative :) It was a pleasure to hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your creativeness and beauty with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leslie, Your book is beautiful. I would think a little girl who believed in fairies would treasure this book forever! Your Fiber Fairy is fabulous! I love the products you used to make her! How creative. I can see why you want her clothes by. tfs and hopping with me. Tami
    Tambo's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow both are totally amazing!!!! I will have to go and check out for that fairy spell! You are amazingly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Leslie! You've been so busy!

    These projects are fab! You must be so pleased with them! Very fairy-ish for Fairy Day!

    Love the Mini book!

    Thanks for sharing and well done!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!!!!I love the fairy spells and the fiber fairy.Great work----very artistic.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool is the fairy spell book. I love that idea and I adore the fiber fairy. Nice being in the hop with you.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!