Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Weekly Challenge #3 Eyes Wide Shut

Certified Zentangle Teacher [CZT], Laura Harms of I Am the Diva blog, has begun a weekly zentangle challenge to inspire weekly tangling. This weeks challenge is to draw the beginning string with my eyes closed as described here.

So this week, I moved out of my "thinking pad"--a notebook I carry around with me to jot down the many ideas I carry around in my head--to a smallish drawing pad. I traced a 4×4" coaster to make my "tile" [actual Zentangle tiles are 3½" square by design]. Eventhough I approached this tangle thinking I was going to leave more white space--I REALLY like the filled in look--I still filled in my whole "tile."

Nonetheless, despite initial intentions, I am pleased with my tangle. I like the new-to-me patterns I attempted. AND...for the record...I didn't fill EVERY empty-ish space with dotties...therefore in the end I gues it could be argued that I did leave more white space! :)

I hope you enjoy my tangle for Weekly Challenge #3. Thank you for looking!


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    I never tangled over the whole tile – but you´re inspiring me to do so. Today I will give it a try…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the white space makes your Tangle look uncluttered.I admire your restraint.i am one of those who just can't seem to stop from filling in every "blank" space.After all the white is part of the overall design..sigh!!I did a couple of "simple" ones, but went back to my old ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some very interesting tangles in you tile. I especially like the one that looks like jacks in the a child's pick up game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and happy tile you've drawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the concentric squares at the top - and the fact that you don't over-clutter your space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I am seeing some fun designs in your piece that I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice - interesting and pretty to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely. Some of your tangles remind me of embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a full tile but it's not cluttered - I too "struggle" to leave a little white space now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome ZT! White space makes for elegance, and you've used it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see lively little single celled critters under a microscope (but that could be as a result of a misspent youth in the Zoology department at University [grin]). Very fun tile! ♥Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  12. A pleasing and pretty tangle! You filled the tile but there is also lots of white space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!