Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Fishy Tale ATC



 Happy Wednesday everyone! Today on the Globecraft and Piccolo Blog I am sharing a fun embossed ATC with new release gels and Piccolos and some fun techniques. I hope you enjoy!
 I begin by layering and mixing various Emboss Powders on my ATC base--the initial powders were adhered with emboss adhesive but the remaining powders were added while the enamel was hot! I added Mossy Glen and Starry Sky to a base of Mermaid Tears and Aged White. I embossed the funny Bubble background with Mermaid Tears and added it to the background while the enamel was hot~it is basically embedded into the background.

 Micro beads were added to a few of the bubbles and held in place with a glob of glossy glastique.

I needed orange enamel gel so I mixed the new pearls together to create orange
 I purposely globbed on the orange gel for a special technique that leaves lots of texture.
 Once the enamel is dry to the touch I zap it with the heat tool making it bubble and pop! It creates the most fun texture. I used this technique this past Halloween with green to make bubbling potions and creepy backgrounds for cards. In this instance it gives the fish a scaly appearance when Glossy Glastique is added to the top.
 note: the gloss and shine of these make photographing difficult and the bubbles appear cloudy despite them being clear. 

I hope you enjoy my project!


I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for stopping by today!

Twitter at @leslierahye | Facebook at leslierahye.| YouTube at leslierahye | Pinterest at leslierahye

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!