Friday, August 16, 2013

Altered Domino Fun with Altered Pages Challenges

 I've been wanting to play with altering dominoes and trying my hand with soldering. For my challenge project I decided to combine the two with the Green Challenge going on over at the Challenge Blog at Altered Pages.


I began by marking the back of a domino where I wanted to drill holes. I began with my pointy file and drilled a shallow hole as a pilot for my hand drill. 

Next I hand-drilled the 4 holes that I had marked on my domino. Once I had a domino with holes, I wired the bale onto the top of the domino leaving room to solder my metal rose and wings onto it.
Next I added loops across the bottom of the domino to attached dangles of charms from my stash.
I colored the domino with my alcohol markers and added a sticker from one of the vintage sticker sheets from Altered Pages and applied Fast Finish Decoupage over the top. 
A sheer green ribbon finished the necklace. 


I hope you enjoyed my project. Be sure to enter the Challenge by August 30th to enter to win! Details are available on the blog.

3 comments:

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!