Friday, June 21, 2013

Wrapped Up with Altered Pages


A few weeks ago I asked Jean about these amazing Sari Silk ribbons that she got for the store. I had been inspired by some beautiful creations that an online friend does with ribbons, fibers, beads and such. I wanted to create a wrapped bracelet my style! with some beautiful remnants [I LOVE upcycling], some altering with my favorite alcohol ink markers, and of course beads and charms. I hope you enjoy!

Along with the gorgeous Sari Silk Ribbons, Jean sent these fabulous charms and beads. they are a great silvery-pewter color which makes them PERFECT for coloring with my Spectrum Noir pens. They make it easy to make your accessories match your ribbons.

Figure out the length of your wrap up by wrapping an length of beads [loosely strung], or your ribbon around your wrist 4-5 times. You then can thread your beads onto one or both of the Sari ribbons...knots can help beads from slipping. wrap your beads loosely around the ribbons and attach each end with wrapping smaller thread tightly around the grouping.


 You can incorporate findings into the ends to help "close" your wrap up or your can tie it in a loose knot [so that it can be removed later]. I love how my AlteredPages.com goodies look with some of my favorite beads. I hope this inspires you to try to make your own!

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS, Leslie!

    I have a purse crocheted from sari silk scraps, one of my very favorites!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!