Thursday, April 5, 2012

leslierahye's Hippity Steampunk Easter Blog Hop!


Welcome to leslierahye's Hippity Steampunk Easter Blog Hop! I am leslierahye and in this hop we are celebrating Spring & Easter--Steampunk Style! I love Spring and all the holidays and am a huge fan of Steampunk. I have gathered together a group of awesome steampunk artists and am as excited to see their creations as I'm sure you are!!!  This is a one day hop. Below you will find links to everyone on the hop, you can start at the beginning and hop through in order. Be sure and check out all the stops as some have blog candy!!


For my spring project I combined a couple of my favorite things! I love Steampunk that IS why we're here after all! I love projects with eggs--it's very springing and fun to do. I love Zentangling, and in particular I am highly inspired by the work of Sandra Strait--who also happens to be a teammate of mine on the Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team! Her work is amazing. She recently wrote an article for VLVS about how she creates her Steampunk tangles that she does with the awesome Steampunk Stamps available through Viva Las Vegastamps! This article inspired me to create some of the original tangles that Sandra made on my own project!!
The process of creating this design is available to watch in a video that I created this evening while filling in for my friend and co-streamer Amanda Marks.  I hope you enjoy it!
note to train hobbyists: the rubble that I refer to is really ballast my train-hobbyist son corrected me! Thank you Will for helping Mommy look smarter! :)

 I am offering a blog giveaway today from my favorite crafty store cutnpastememories.com
I will draw on Monday the 9th for one lucky winner to receive a $15 gift certificate to her store! Please leave a comment to be included in the drawing!

Thank you for stopping by! Please enjoy the rest of the hop!

35 comments:

  1. eeeeekkkk. I best get myself posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great egg, Leslie and thanks for pointing out the Zentangle tutorial on Viva Las Vegastamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tutorial... Your egg looks great. I need to try a few of those myself!!! Thanks for the great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That egg is fab-u-lous!
    And you vid is too cute!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your egg is amazing and looks like alot of fun, I would like to try this, what kind of pen did you use on this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your totally tangled egg! I just watched the playback of the show and it's fantastic!! Adding another project to the rainy day list. Hippity Hoppity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the egg. Great tutorial. Thanks Leslie and thanks for organizing the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous egg, looks amazing, thanks for the tutorial. Hugs Pammejo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing egg. You are so talented. I think I am too impatient for making a tangled egg. I am an instant gratification kind of girl. It is incredible though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great egg Leslie-rahye, sorry about yesterday but I was half asleep and just turned in as soon as I put the ipod down beside the bed ! LOL xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cool egg...what is steampunk? (This is Beth....didn't know how to publish this any other way than anonymous ....) cool stuff sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth!! Here is a link to the hop we did last October that introduces what we've been doing: http://leslierahye.blogspot.com/2011/10/on-steampunk-introduction-to.html
      I hope this helps!!!
      Think Wild Wild West --will smith

      Delete
  12. I love your Zentangle egg. I'm still watching the tutorial and learning a lot. I have tried Zentangle, but not real skilled at it yet. I am truly inspired to use it in a steampunky way. Would never have thought of that. Thanks for sharing. Simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cool egg! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome...this looks quite cool! If I actually had a reason to do eggs anymore, I'd have to do something like this. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool egg and I am so glad you decided to use blown eggs this year! Thank for filling in for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you made. So pretty One can see that a piece of your heart when into it Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is amazing to me that a few lines and circles can create such an intricate design. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing egg you have created !! What a fun blog hop !!! I love anything zentangle !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the tutorial, always apprecite it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great egg! I love steampunk stuff. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Leslie, you say so many nice things about me! I'm blushing bright red! I have to say that a lot of my method is purely zentangle, and credit should go to Rick and Maria Thomas, who came up with the idea!

    In answer, to one question you brought up--I do color first, most of the time. The traditional zentangle is B&W, because people often stress about what colors they should use. I think if you color first, at random, it keeps that from happening as much. Plus the color can be used as your string. However, I do occasionally draw first and then color, if I want a specific effect.

    I absolutely love your eggs! I'm glad you decided to keep them instead of eating them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm your #1 fan! Your work is beautiful and it fascinates me to learn your process. I hope I can excite others about zentangle as you have inspired me! It really is a great release!

      Delete
  22. thats such a fun idea.
    love me some eggs
    LOL
    altermyworld(dot)angw(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The zentangle egg is so fabulous. Very appropriate for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your hippity hop Easter egg! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous Leslie. What a wonderful idea. I love steampunk.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what a happy find! I love your egg! What came first the chicken or the egg? Hmmm perhaps the Steam Punk!
    spideycindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great idea for an Easter egg :D Thanks for the tutorial.
    cookiefootmama@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great egg, thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my what a beautiful egg. Your work is alwasy insperational.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a great looking egg Leslie Rahye.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this egg, LeslieRahye! I watched the UStream demo later in the night (no sound?) so was excited that this one has sound :) Awesome zentangled egg!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!