Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Very Merry Holiday Steampunk Blog Hop | Holiday Cards


Welcome to my Very Merry Holiday Steampunk Blog hop!! I have collected a talented group of crafters and artists who all share a love for all things Steampunk! We are celebrating Winter Holidays Steampunk style! I can't wait to see what everyone has brought to the hop! So let's get started!!!
I chose to create a few holiday cards that could also be little pieces of art for the winter. I started with these beautiful FREE steampunk snowflake papers created by co-blog hopper Amanda for her online digi store AJs Digi Shoppe--available here.




I created the definition images below and printed them on top of the pink snowflake paper. I created an embossed strip with a Provocraft gears emboss folder and Stormy Sky Distressed Ink. I added Maya Mist Pearl to the Purple, ripped the edge  and created a 3×4¼" base to build my metal gear and washer snowflake. I added bling to the focus snowflake and created two more smaller flakes for the card. The base and the mat as well as the definition were all edged in Stormy Sky. You can download the definitions to use in your own art by right clicking on the definition and saving it to the file folder of your choice on your computer.



I hope you enjoy my projects. Please hop over and check out the other participants projects and leave them some love. Several are offering giveaways as well! Have a wonderful holiday and a joyous New Year! I will be back in the new year with a whole new schedule of blog hops! See you soon!

 


21 comments:

  1. Very cute you really rocked Amanda's papers, love the card ! xoxoxo Fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, those colors work well together. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing cards! I would think the receivers would cherish them!!! I really like the free papers as well. Very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, I love the idea of using metals on them. TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the digi papers by Amanda! Those are so yummy, and I needed ideas of what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! And LOVE the steampunk snowflake! To...die...for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the whole pink and silver combo, really nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything you've done especially in the pink, purples and blue. Did I say love everthing lol TFS especially the words definitions. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING Cards! GREAT WORK! These are So Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - love all the techniques! The focus snowflake is pretty amazing! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ... had to pop back in to say how much I enjoyed the entire blog hop. Everything is so clever and everybody has made such terrific Christmas-y steampunk treasures! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Leslie :) Thank you for hosting an amazing Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cards, Leslierahye, as always. And thanks so much for hosting another fun and fabulous blog hop. I always enjoy myself (I hope everyone else does, too). I finished hopping and I must say, everyone did a fantastic job. So much creativity and imagination out there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great hop... everyone had awesome projects!!! I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I missed the hop itself! Love your steampunk snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!