Sunday, January 22, 2012

scrappy gig 01.20.2012 | Scrapbooking 101 & Quick & Easy Layouts

 What am amazing start to leslierahye's scrappy gig!! I'm so glad so many could join me on my 1st scrapbook broadcast!! AND I'm pleased to add that I finished 2 layouts!!! whoo hoo!! only 50 more to go!  Baby steps, right? As promised I am bring you a list of what I think makes the ideal Basic Kit for a beginning Scrapbooker and some details about the products and things discussed during the how.



All products are available at


Basic Kit for the Beginning Scrapbooker
Tim Holtz Ruler
Tim Holtz Scissors
Scrapbook Adhesives Tape Runner
Beacon 3 in 1 Craft Glue
Tonic 9" Cutter
Excel Craft Knife/Refills*
Zig Millenium Black Pens
Healing Craft Mat*
pencil
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares*
*items not necessary for a basic kit but are useful to have. 


Sources for online Sketches and Page Maps
Scrapbooks Etc.<--the sketches I used for the show came from here
Page Maps [poke around--they even have Basic Grey Maps--blog has tons too]


Kit I used for 1st Show: Sugar Rush Basic Grey Collection


The Rules
  • Challenge runs 3rd Friday to 3rd Thursday of Next Month.
  • Create layouts during that time--no linking to old layouts/posts.
  • Link to the blogpost, image gallery or facebook photo of your layout...complete entry form for linkup. 
  • You may enter as many items as you like but only the 1st 4 [1 per week if you're playing along with my personal challenge] will be entered into the random drawing at the end of that challenge. Winner will be announced on the scrappy gig. 
  • Rules may vary as some months may include a theme or things may come up that were not originally thought of.
    Thank you for playing along with me!!


2 comments:

  1. Cool show and very interesting, so sorry I couldn't stay longer ! xooxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH i was so going to show you my 1st ever layout BUT its old :( and you bushed us 4 we try,,,lol

    good luck every one x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!