Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hot Time in the Summer Challenge at Cheery Lynn Blog

Happy Sunday everyone! I've had a crazy busy summer and am just now getting around to some fun tools that I've recently added to my collection that I found at the Scrapbook Convention this June. For months I've been watching several of my scrappy friends using these incredible super-thin dies from a company called Cheery Lynn Designs. I knew the convention would probably have them and I was THRILLED to find them!! The selection of dies is amazing, the price point perfect and the detail and design is awesome! 
I am a big fan of flowers as you already know and Cheery Lynn has a how line of "Build a Flower" dies that make creating your own flowers super easy.  I used the Sunflower die and the Embellishments 3 die to create all the flower on my card below. I die cut all the flowers out as above in a cream and dark tan color of card stock. I then colored with markers and misted with sprays to achieve the colors on the flowers. I used my McGill stylus set to create dimension on the petals. Little Amanda, "The Thinker" seems to be getting some shade from the sunflower in the pot for the "Hot Time in the Summer" and Sunflowers definitely say "Hot Time" to us here in Texas!
I hope you enjoy my card!  Below is a link and rules in case you want to play along!

Supplies Used
Memento Tuxedo Black
House Mouse Amanda as "The Thinker"
Spectrum Noir [PP2, OR1, GB3, TN3, TN5, EB2, GB4, CG4, CG3, BT1, GG1, CG2, EB1, EB8, BG2]
Maya Road Mist Pearl
Clearsnap Smooch Spritz Sun Kissed & Limolicious
Bazzill Basics
Neena Card Stock
Artist Glitter Glue
Sakura Crystal Lacquer
Scrapbook Adhesives Mystix runner
Foam Tape
Robin's Nest Dew Drops 


Shop Cheery Lynn Designs
This week the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs is
Hot Time In The Summer
Here are the rules:
  • You MUST follow the theme and use at least one Cheery Lynn Designs die, of course, we would love to see more than one. 
  • You MUST add a link to your blog post in the InLinkz at the end of this post; no back posting, only new projects are allowed
  • You MUST link to this challenge in your blog post or on your gallery post
  • You may only enter the challenge ONCE per week.
The winner will be chosen based on merit by Cheery Lynn Designs. They will receive $20 towards shopping at the Cheery Lynn website. The challenge will end on Saturday night at 18:00 Eastern time.

4 comments:

  1. Love your top picture of all the Cheery Lynn parts, it's cool in and of itself. I always think house mouse stamps are really cute and like the way you framed them out with Cheery Lynn flowers. Best of luck in our weekly challenge and thanks for being a loyal player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. Nice seeing your flowers all in pieces and then all assembled. The sunflowers match up nicely. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Challenge. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, your flowers look awesome! Love the coloring on the sunflower especially. So glad that you joined us this week at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!