Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weekly Challenge | St. Patrick's Day Projects

It's time for a new challenge with Digital Delights by Louby Loo! This week at Delightful Challenges we are making St. Patrick's Day Projects --one of my favorite crafty holidays!! For this challenge I chose to combine two images using GIMP. I printed my completed image out on watercolor paper and painted the image with Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul's Mixers (more on that in another post). I chose some of the yummy new Spring has Sprung Paper Pack for my background papers which match awesomely with last Spring's release of St. Patrick's Day Paper Pack. I hope you enjoy my card!
Happy St. Patrick's Day with Larry!

for this card you will need:
Card Stock: Bazzill Basics
Ink: SU River Rock
Accessories: Ribbon, silk flowers & premade butterfly, Watercolor Paper, Sakura Hobby Crafts 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul's Mixers (Gold Shimmer, Gold Dust, Citrine Pearl, Tanzanite Pearl, Shimmer Red, Bronze) and Enhancer. 
Closeup: The Images were combined in GIMP and then
colored completely with  Mixers and Lacquer...Some mixers
were combined to make certain colors. Come back to my blog
next week for a tutorial on color theory with the Mixers!
Color swatch for my project notebook--whenever I experiment
with mixing colors of things, I always make a few notes so that
I can at a future date replicate a color or texture or such...
 This weeks challenge we would love to see you

St. Patrick's Day Projects

You are not required to use a Digital Delights Image to join in on the fun
but if you do you can enter TWICE. To enter twice you when using a Digital Delight image your  1st entry use your card link.  2nd entry use your blog address and add 2nd entry after your name

We have a wonderful NEW Sponsor this week


Scrapyland is offering a $20 Store Certificate
Thank you for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. He is too figging cute,,my mom would have loved him,,

    thanks 4 the smiles hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe! Thanks Sandy! St. Patrick's Day Larry and those papers are my fave! :) Glad I could make you smile!

      Delete
  2. Fab creation hun, love the ribbon looks great!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I "borrowed" it from my Mommie's stash! ;)

      Delete
  3. Larry looks great!!! wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa!!! I love the painting with the mixers and lacquer!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous work Leslie:)
    Hugs
    Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
    www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, Leslie. The digi papers look great. I need lessons on how to combine images on GIMP-I love the way your card image looks.
    Hugs,
    DL
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larelyn! There's a brand new book out through Digital Delights about using GIMP!! Lisa and Wendy co-authored it!! I bet it's fab and I can't wait to get my copy!!! Lisa is the one who got me started with GIMP. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!