Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One Little Word

  Happy Wednesday everyone! Today on the Globecraft & Piccolo Craft Blog I share this magnet project! As part of my goal setting for the year, I am a fan of living Ali Edwards' "one little word." This year my word is THRIVE and I've created a little art piece to put on my file cabinet near my work space to remind me each day! I used the frame of the Daisy Floral Accents & Frame set to create my mini framed piece--final dimensions are about 2¾×3¾".



As I am still collecting enamel gels for my stash, I do not have every color yet and so I misted my daisy pieces with white Dylusions spray mist to give a matte black finish to the chipboard pieces. I Then covered the daisy heads in Glastique Gloss and set aside to dry. The stems and accent pieces were coated with the Leafy Green enamel.

On the frame I applied a mixed layer of Royal Sterling and Enchanted Aubergine powders to the chipboard prepped with  Enamel Powder Adhesive Fluid and heat set. Next I reapplied the Adhesive Fluid and mixed in some aged white and Aubergine and heat set. For the background, I cut a piece of cardboard to match the frame and built up two layers of Mermaid Tears EP and while my enamel was still hot, I stamped a text script stamp--prepped with Adhesive Fluid--into the enamel to leave an imprint. I used Glastique to adhere the frame to the background and coated the frame with Matte Glastique.

Once my accents were dry I layered a few on my frame using Glastique as adhesive. I added them to my frame and background. Canvas stickers spelled out the word THRIVE and a touch of Glastique helped to hold them into place. I added a magnet to the back with some E6000 for extra sturdiness. 

I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for stopping by today!


Twitter at @leslierahye | Facebook at leslierahye.| YouTube at leslierahye | Pinterest at leslierahye

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!